Undecided

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Undecided

Guild Discussion

+7
Dox
hakuga
xlord
Acer
Solis Fate
Chris
kro
11 posters

personal bio section (for the people who don't know everyone that well)

kro
    kro

personal bio section (for the people who don't know everyone that well) Empty personal bio section (for the people who don't know everyone that well)

Post  kro Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:00 am

First of all, Grats to all appointed leaders/council members.

Bled, I'll help you out with raids bro. I know that part of the responsibilities can be a little hectic.

2nd in command for Raids: Kro =P

I know most of you haven't played seriously with me, but I've been playing mmo's since UO times. Leadership is another one of my good traits. So just to showcase my credentials (that was on my ExGs app) in short:

played mmo's since 1998.
    -I've done server firsts in EQ (started in beta phase 2)and held a role as an officer
    -first real pvp in DAOC, owned mofos, rank 12
    -then moved to SWG since launch (grinded 34 holos and was the 7th jedi on the server) and lead a 40 person guild back when a Def Stacked pwned everything...
    - then played WoW (of course)...officer in a 120 person guild when we were doing 40 man raids.
    after Wow, I a lil tried EQ2, didn't really like it... and various games over the years like baulders gate, City of heroes, AoC, warhammer, and Aion. other crappy games like tales of fantasy...

the majority of classes that I have played have been a healer (my motto: Without healers in the world, there will be no heroes.) then a caster or tank class.

IRL:

started programming at the age of 13. Then decided to pursue a Computer Science major, but left college early and joined real estate in early 2002. Partnering broker and manages a team at the age of 20.
    Left real estate in 2006 due to market saturation (i had a website and my own radio talk show) and joined a small staffing company (combined my sales and technical background. I left the small staffing company in 2007 and am now the Division Director of Robert Half Technology in San Jose / San Mateo, CA (we're a million+ dollar division).

I'm also love things that get my adrenaline going (extreme sports), guns,... and of course gaming. =P.

So there you have it. That's who I am and some of my credentials.

Leadership is a lot of work, but if it's done right and efficient, it can be easier.

Lions lead the way... btw I'm a Leo and my name is Richard (like Richard the lion heart). Super Leo! =)

See you in game or TS!

-Kro.

Last edited by kro on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

personal bio section (for the people who don't know everyone that well) Empty Re: personal bio section (for the people who don't know everyone that well)

Post  Chris Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:28 am

kro wrote:
    Computer Science major

Where at?

Last edited by Chris on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    kro
    kro

personal bio section (for the people who don't know everyone that well) Empty Re: personal bio section (for the people who don't know everyone that well)

Post  kro Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:33 am

Chris wrote:
    kro wrote:
    Computer Science major

Where at?

I ended up going to SJSU due the fact that I had to put myself through college. I got accepted to UC Berkeley, USF, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, and UC Davis.
    Solis Fate

Post  Solis Fate Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:23 am

Kro is very much the man.
    Acer
    Acer

Post  Acer Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:01 am

MMO experience: GM of a ~40 man SWG PvP guild on Kauri, Raid officer of a ~120 man WoW semi-casual guild on Illidan/Ursin, Aion, AoC, GA, and APB with EXGS.

RL: Manufacturing/Process Engineer at a small electronics contract manufacturer. Married, 3 kids.
    xlord

Post  xlord Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:39 am

wait Acer when were you on illidian?
    Acer
    Acer

Post  Acer Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:58 am

at vanilla launch.

stayed there until they offered the free server xfer to Ursin, when we left to get away from the 500+ person login queues.
    xlord

Post  xlord Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:03 am

Ah ok, so you weren't there during the WOTLK launch i assume
    hakuga
    hakuga

Post  hakuga Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:20 am

kro wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    kro wrote:
    Computer Science major

Where at?

I ended up going to SJSU due the fact that I had to put myself through college. I got accepted to UC Berkeley, USF, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, and UC Davis.

tldr version: "I am a beast"
    Dox
    Dox

Post  Dox Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:29 am

Former IRL PvP Officer and 40 man guild leader.
    PvPed since i was 3.

Played MMOs since 2002. DAOC, SWG, Lineage 2 and WAR were my big PvP MMOs.
    Usually led small strike teams. Plan to do same in TOR.
    Chris
    Chris

Post  Chris Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:48 am

Officer/Raid Lead for 2 small casual WoW guilds during BC
    Raid Leader for 300+ guild (Shadeleaf Mercenaries) in Warhammer, first T2 an T3 keep sieges( yes they were empty but we did it with 5 people : ) GO GO PVE! ) Held a majority of the map against War Machines (Crazy Koreans)on the server.

IRL: Computer Science Major at Virginia Tech, I work IT Support for the government during breaks, and I do parkour.

Currently Playing: L4D2, Minecraft, Halo:Reach, WoW
    Soon to play: Fable 3, Age of Empires Online Beta (if I can convince my roommate)
    SneakyJes
    SneakyJes

Post  SneakyJes Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:50 am

In game leadership:
    Shadowbane - Recon leader, Tempered Fury (9 months)
    Shadowbane - Guild Leader, Ronin (1 year)
    Age of Conan - Officer, then Branch Manager, ExGS (for awhile)
    Former Management of ExGS (awhile)
    SWTOR - Leadership Council (1 day)

Games pvp'd in:
    Diablo 2
    Shadowbane
    SWG
    AOC
    WAR
    WOW
    EVE
    DF
    I know there is more, but my memory is fading.

I also have about a decade of IRL management experience, at one point having 56 direct reports.
    Acer
    Acer

Post  Acer Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:54 am

SneakyJes wrote:

one of my favorite guild names.
    SneakyJes
    SneakyJes

Post  SneakyJes Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:00 am

Acer wrote:
    SneakyJes wrote:

one of my favorite guild names.

We were a rogue based guild but we recruited any and all gankers. We terrorized all open trees. This was after the server uprising against Ebonlore and their ultimate destruction. The whole server went to chaos. Truely excellent times.
    Babaghanush
    Babaghanush

Post  Babaghanush Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Gaming: Played a shit ton of Paper/Pencil D&D, until college. Not very good at telling a story but the team play. First MMO was SWG, 2003. Play most MMOs until core friends leave AND ONLY play them for teh PvP. WoW,AoC,STO, AION, WAR. I have a close group of friend here that play Co-op RPG board games. I know its not pixels, a lot of spill over to MMO genre, tho. Don't do any console gaming, but I'm a recovering addict since 15 years old. Go Zelda!

Personal: You all probable saw me at PAX. I served 6 years in the Marine Corps as a Combat Engineer. Believe in small unit leadership and tactics. Just stated as a Mortgage Banker, but been in Real Estate for 6 years. Married with a 10 month old. I'm not as crusty as Sneaky, but just as old.

Slash
    Slash

Post  Slash Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:29 pm

honestly this is a TLDR thread IMO. If you want to know more about me, simply ask me TS3 lol. I know its intentions are good but i think this type of thing is just better when done while chatting, for me anyway
    SneakyJes
    SneakyJes

Post  SneakyJes Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Slash wrote:honestly this is a TLDR thread IMO. If you want to know more about me, simply ask me TS3 lol. I know its intentions are good but i think this type of thing is just better when done while chatting, for me anyway

slash only talks about himself during pillow talk.
    sargon
    sargon

Post  sargon Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:53 pm

i'm a man who likes to eat and drink.
    /details
    kro
    kro

Post  kro Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Solis Fate wrote:Kro is very much the man.

Thank you, but its quite the opposite good sir. You're the man and the new man of this group! =)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:19 am