Undecided

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Undecided

Guild Discussion

+6
Victory
Thergood
Babaghanush
Timaeus
Chris
SneakyJes
10 posters

Star Wars Galaxies

SneakyJes
    SneakyJes

Star Wars Galaxies Empty Star Wars Galaxies

Post  SneakyJes Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:06 am

I'm going to be playing SWG on Starsider for awhile. I think Crucible is going to, and also Kable and Rezec are going to play. Just a heads up for anyone interested.
    Chris
    Chris

Star Wars Galaxies Empty Re: Star Wars Galaxies

Post  Chris Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:49 am

Question: I played pre CU/NGE, so the last thing I bought was JTL. Would I have to buying expansion or anything?
    SneakyJes
    SneakyJes

Post  SneakyJes Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:08 am

I just bought the game, plus all expansions, plus a bunch of free gifts for 19.95. If you need to buy anything, I'm sure it will be cheap as hell.
    Timaeus

Post  Timaeus Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Ya, when we went there as a guild it was all combined in one package, it is how all soe games are anymore, you can buy all expansions and the main game for a reasonable price (i.e. eq 1 and 17 expansions for like 50 dollars instead of 900 dollars lol)
    Babaghanush
    Babaghanush

Post  Babaghanush Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:55 pm

I'd like to, but paying on AoC, STO, just bought MoH & Fallout New Vegas....so I'm all booked out.
    Thergood

Post  Thergood Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Hmmm, anyone know what the character transfer service is running now for SWG? My characters are still on Bloodfin.
    Victory

Post  Victory Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:36 pm

Thergood wrote:Hmmm, anyone know what the character transfer service is running now for SWG? My characters are still on Bloodfin.
    haha same xD.
    Chris
    Chris

Post  Chris Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Timaeus wrote:Ya, when we went there as a guild it was all combined in one package, it is how all soe games are anymore, you can buy all expansions and the main game for a reasonable price (i.e. eq 1 and 17 expansions for like 50 dollars instead of 900 dollars lol)

EQ 1 + all expansions was $2.95 last month on steam.
    Timaeus

Post  Timaeus Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:33 pm

Chris wrote:
    Timaeus wrote:Ya, when we went there as a guild it was all combined in one package, it is how all soe games are anymore, you can buy all expansions and the main game for a reasonable price (i.e. eq 1 and 17 expansions for like 50 dollars instead of 900 dollars lol)

EQ 1 + all expansions was $2.95 last month on steam.

I was talking... if you bought them all... when they came out which is about 900 dollars, 17 x 49.99 which is about 850 dollars, but it was an example that it is a good deal now =P
    Chris
    Chris

Post  Chris Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:30 pm

I know, just wanted to throw another fact in there :3

Last edited by Chris on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Timaeus

Post  Timaeus Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Was just making sure lol.
    Dram
    Dram

Post  Dram Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:11 am

I would love to play this, but I got to much going on right now never played it but from the looks of it, it looked pretty awsome
    SneakyJes
    SneakyJes

Post  SneakyJes Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:25 am

It's pretty sweet so far. As soon as you hit ground, you get a quest to build a land speeder, so you don't have to walk long. I'm almost 20, and I'm currently questing at Jabba's Palace.
    Bled
    Bled

Post  Bled Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:20 pm

SneakyJes wrote:It's pretty sweet so far. As soon as you hit ground, you get a quest to build a land speeder, so you don't have to walk long. I'm almost 20, and I'm currently questing at Jabba's Palace.

Did you ever play it Pre-NGE (The big famous 'update' that killed the game)? I'm just curious what it's like now. While I've heard it's gotten better since the NGE, I just feel like if I get into it, I'll be disappointed.
    SneakyJes
    SneakyJes

Post  SneakyJes Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Yes, I bought the game for launch.

The best way to describe the game at launch is that it was the greatest, most broken fun fail awesome game ever. There was so much about it that failed and so much that was better than any game out there. I was so pissed about the NGE and CU that I would never pick the game back up again until now. I played a master ranger/rifleman and it was good times.

I rolled a jedi this last weekend, it's a lessor game now in regards to character development but a much better game in regards to the world, the story and combat. Hell, the fact there are vehicles now makes the game feel more real (there were no vehicles at launch).

The closer we get to launch, the more Star Warsy my mood is getting, so I think it will be worth it to play for awhile. I don't know shit about this game anymore, so I'll be discovering it as I go along.
    Bled
    Bled

Post  Bled Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:38 pm

See my problem comes in that when I was young, I was an idiot, and so everything wrong with it, I didn't really notice or care. Just worried I will care now and the nostalgia of the 'epic' game it was will be disappointed in that... well it's not the game it was. Meh, it's cheap, I might pick it up anyway.
    SneakyJes
    SneakyJes

Post  SneakyJes Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Well I'm not forcing anyone, but it is cheap as hell, it is Star Wars, and there is pvp.

If you are going to play, join the Starsider server. It's the only one with a population, but it seems to be pacted. Every time I'm in Mos Eisley, there is pvp happening.
    SneakyJes
    SneakyJes

Post  SneakyJes Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am

I've been messing around with space combat and grinding out some pilot exp while I wait for Crucible to get in game. It's a very fun part of the game for anyone who has not played it. Also, I didn't know this, but there is space pvp.
    Victory

Post  Victory Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:45 am

SneakyJes wrote:I've been messing around with space combat and grinding out some pilot exp while I wait for Crucible to get in game. It's a very fun part of the game for anyone who has not played it. Also, I didn't know this, but there is space pvp.
    Yup Very Happy It's quite awesome actually, And your truly missing the experience because in some ships people can pilot the turrets with you. It's quite epic haha. I might actually join up with SWG been SO long since I played. I would have to somehow Convince sony to give me a free character transfer from Bloodfin to Starsider haha.
    hakuga
    hakuga

Post  hakuga Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:19 am

I remember grinding space pvp exp with the help of this random guys neutral gunship the Vigo, we'd go with 5+ people, he'd fly the thing and have 4+ players get in turrets. It had 6 turrets if I remember right, and you'd put one player in each and just go apeshit killing waves of blacksun pirates and other gunboats.

It was very awesome having that many players in one ship, esp seeing as how you can get in/out of the turrets and move around the ship freely.

Fuck. I just Nostalgia bombed myself.
    Acer
    Acer

Post  Acer Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:26 am

I remember running guerilla raids on Theed from Shuttleport C to the cantina, to the medcenter, to the front of the starport to shuttleport B.

Get in, kill as many TEF'd dancers, doctors, and afk'ers at the starport, and then get out before the horde of Imps got organized for retaliation.

Then holocrons came, and it all went to hell...

**Nostalgia Bomb**

Victory

Post  Victory Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:40 am

Razz I remember when I was leaving me and my guild had fun, we went to war with this one guild who was always in the cantina so we invaded their with all commandos and lagged every person out Razz so many dropped connections xD.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:49 am