Undecided

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Undecided

Guild Discussion

3 posters

Message from Derek Williams - Asst. Producer LA

Babaghanush
    Babaghanush

Message from Derek Williams - Asst. Producer LA Empty Message from Derek Williams - Asst. Producer LA

Post  Babaghanush Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:37 pm

So I final got a reply e-mail Derek at LA, who I met a PAX. Nice guy and easy going. Not a spazz like some of the others(Daniel Erikson). This is his response. Kodos to Sorrows for getting an answer!!

Unfortunately, not long after PAX, we had a briefing from our PR department basically telling us we’re not allowed to do interviews.

I don’t want to just blow you off, though. You guys were really nice at PAX, and you’ve handled this stuff professionally. Plus, I’m kinda blown away at the production quality of the video on your main page. Do you guys have guildies that do video stuff for a living? That video blows almost every other fan made video out of the water. Even the classic Jedi Gym (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPsDDr0n9AE) didn’t attempt a fraction of the effects you guys did.

But I digress. Basically, I can’t answer anything officially as Derek Williams, employee of LucasArts. To be fair, even if I *was* allowed to answer interview questions, the vast majority of these are too detailed, and would get a typical “can’t get into details…” response, or a “we’ll be adjusting that constantly based on testing.” It sucks, but realistically a lot of specifics behind concepts like diminishing returns, companion involvement, crafting/harvesting, etc. are going to stay under wraps until PR/Marketing announces them…at which point you won’t need an interview to find out what you want to know.

As Derek Williams, gamer dude that loves playing MMOs, I can at least answer Sorrows’ question. The class that appeals to me the most is the Imperial Agent. But my wife has pretty much settled on being a Jedi Shadow, and a lot of my good friends that always guild up often fall to the “good guy side,” so most likely at launch I’ll be playing a Trooper to help out the Republic.

I know you were hoping to get more than that, and I’m really sorry to have to let you and the guild down.
    Slash
    Slash

Message from Derek Williams - Asst. Producer LA Empty Re: Message from Derek Williams - Asst. Producer LA

Post  Slash Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:34 pm

wut a faggot
    Sorrows
    Sorrows

Message from Derek Williams - Asst. Producer LA Empty Re: Message from Derek Williams - Asst. Producer LA

Post  Sorrows Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Suck it bitches.
    Babaghanush
    Babaghanush

Post  Babaghanush Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:40 pm

Sorrows wrote:Suck it bitches.

Sorrows is going IA....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:16 am