Undecided

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Undecided

Guild Discussion

+13
Slash
Solis Fate
Timaeus
hakuga
Babaghanush
Skorpion
Lunt
Chris
Bled
Genx
Dram
SneakyJes
Acer
17 posters

We may be screwed

Sangria
    Sangria

We may be screwed - Page 2 Empty Re: We may be screwed

Post  Sangria Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:51 pm

I did the whole rush to endgame with Aion. Stuck around for a few months, nothing was done.

So what if TOR has no endgame? Easy answer.

We may be screwed - Page 2 Guildwars2
    Victory

Post  Victory Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:14 pm

We may be screwed - Page 2 487fd256be2f6710934ca82345a19cba
    Genx
    Genx

Post  Genx Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:18 pm

To be honest, I don't want SWTOR to be just another regular MMO. I would like it to be a hybrid of a good single player roleplaying game and mmo (pvp, end game content), so I do care about leveling Acer.
    Timaeus

Post  Timaeus Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Slash wrote:I think Sneaky got it. They never said there wasn't an endgame, and trust me I really hope there is. But its going to be different from WoW and AOC where you HAVE to get to max level to enjoy the game. I mean lets b honest you aren't even playing WoW untill max level. That is something I think they wanted to move away from with SWTOR. I hope there is enough endgame PVP/Raiding to keep us somewhat satisfied (it will never be enough, ever!) and the story and ability to play all 8 classes will keep the game fun. Plus you an always /afk ride your companion in the cantina lounge when ur bored.

That is exactly what I believe, i mean honestly, After wow, every game has become, nothing matters but endgame, honestly why the fuck do they even have leveling in wow and some other games? It honestly makes no sense. Most Modern mmos don't even have much for leveling up cept you can learn how to play your class.

Also Victory damn you for making a sense no one seems to get >.>
    Thergood

Post  Thergood Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:14 am

I think it's an overreaction to think there will no end game. I can understand concern for the breadth and depth of the end game systems. These concerns are normal for any soon to be released MMO. Many have disappointing with these systems in the past. I share these concerns.

My take on the article and the quotes - BioWare is trying to make leveling more then just something that gets in the way of end game. They're not trying to eliminate end game, but make leveling something that is not torture.

Leveling is pure torture to me in every MMO I've played. It's a means to an end. The only reason I've ever PvE'd, crafted, explored, grinded, and whatever else, is because it was necessary to compete at a high level in PvP. Instead of focusing on concerns that there will be no end game I'm focusing on hope that leveling will not be torture.

One final thought is that I think some people need to prepare themselves for systems and gameplay in this game not being exactly like systems they've seen or played in the past. Because something is different does not mean it is inherently bad or worse. Keep an open mind until we actually get some information and get to play the game.
    Dram
    Dram

Post  Dram Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:18 am

Dont get me wrong I dont care for story either, but I do like looking around and finding out new things in the world that other players that "rushed" to max lvl might have missed. Yea world pvp might not be fun if your getting ganked by a higher lvl, but doesnt that make more people want to get to max lvl so they dont get ganked? Also there will always be players in a group who get to max lvl or higher lvls faster, and others that dont lvl as fast and if there does come a time when someone does get ganked by a higher lvl they have higher lvl friends or guildies to come in to help then the other ganker brings more people and it becomes a full fledged war between the 2 groups, thats how world pvp is started so ganking might be bad but sometimes it could turn out to be really good.

Yea end game is ideal and should be fully implemnted at launch to reward those who lvl rush threw the content, but if the lvling system sucks whos gonna lvl? L2 is a good example great end game pvp and pve, but how many people that played it actually got to max lvl? Not to many because the lvling system was so bad.
    Timaeus

Post  Timaeus Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:36 am

Dram wrote:Dont get me wrong I dont care for story either, but I do like looking around and finding out new things in the world that other players that "rushed" to max lvl might have missed. Yea world pvp might not be fun if your getting ganked by a higher lvl, but doesnt that make more people want to get to max lvl so they dont get ganked? Also there will always be players in a group who get to max lvl or higher lvls faster, and others that dont lvl as fast and if there does come a time when someone does get ganked by a higher lvl they have higher lvl friends or guildies to come in to help then the other ganker brings more people and it becomes a full fledged war between the 2 groups, thats how world pvp is started so ganking might be bad but sometimes it could turn out to be really good.

Yea end game is ideal and should be fully implemnted at launch to reward those who lvl rush threw the content, but if the lvling system sucks whos gonna lvl? L2 is a good example great end game pvp and pve, but how many people that played it actually got to max lvl? Not to many because the lvling system was so bad.

The sad thing is though, with the level rushers; the not even top guilds I mean like 200+ in America usually have everything beat a few months before even X company can come out with new content; in truth to many things are a rush and to few companies can compensate with it if the leveling is to easy. And ironically people wonder why they get bored of a game that is only endgame, and easy to level. A good example, Wow, I know so many people that are bored to high heaven with that game because they finished most of the content and the only entertainment is endgame.
    Drag Harlen
    Drag Harlen

Post  Drag Harlen Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Bioware isn't dumb enough to attempt to make an MMO and go half assed on the end game. Their decision to tackle an MMO was a big one, and they knew going into this whole project that end game was key to an MMO's success.

They'll have good end game content, that's for certain. At the very least it'll be decent with room for improvement. The whole incentive for rerolling thing isn't so much that they don't want you to enjoy their end game content- of course they want that- they just want you to enjoy all of the other content too. They've busted their ass on every second of gameplay for the past what.. 4 years?? They just want to make sure all of their work is appreciated, not just the end of it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:12 am